Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Ninth Legion: What Happened?

Here I am again and I am on the topic of the Roman Ninth legion. Which supposedly disappeared in Scotland. Some people say that the legion did not dissappear in Scotland, but was transferred to another area in the empire and was subsequently lost there. Some academics claim that this is the case as there is n evidence of the Ninth Legion being lost in Scotland. Is this true? It is actually not true at all. Many people are swayed by what they hear and this has been magnified by some key "authorities" who are trying to relocate the location of the Ninth Legion's loss to anywhere besides Scotland. However, there is still no evidence of what exactly happened to the Ninth Legion and it's sacred eagle, but the most probable senario is that they were lost in action in Southern Scotland. I credit this posting to the Roman Scotland website which I took notes on to make this.

1 comment:

B.T. Makishima said...

I thought it was informal. Short, sweet, and to the point and still telling you all that you need to know. I thought you posted another great blog item.